Cert renew trouble Please help!

My domain is:cloud.ferro-estate.ru

I ran this command: sudo nextcloud.enable-https lets-encrypt

It produced this output:
The were to many requests of a give type: :Error creating new order: : to many certificates already issued for exact set of domains: cloud.ferro-estate.ru

My web server is (include version): NextCloud 14.1 from snap install

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: no

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):
yes
I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
no
The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): Certbot 0.23.0

Hi @iaandr

checking your domain there are a lot of new certificates - https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=cloud.ferro-estate.ru#ct-logs

Issuer not before not after Domain names LE-Duplicate next LE
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-07-28 2019-10-26 cloud.ferro-estate.ru - 1 entries duplicate nr. 5 next Letsencrypt certificate: 2019-07-29 12:08:45
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-07-26 2019-10-24 cloud.ferro-estate.ru - 1 entries duplicate nr. 4
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-07-25 2019-10-23 cloud.ferro-estate.ru - 1 entries duplicate nr. 3
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-07-23 2019-10-21 cloud.ferro-estate.ru - 1 entries duplicate nr. 2
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-07-22 2019-10-20 cloud.ferro-estate.ru - 1 entries duplicate nr. 1
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-07-21 2019-10-19 cloud.ferro-estate.ru - 1 entries

5 in the last 7 days, 24 in the last 28 days.

Why do you create so much certificates? Where are these? You use a self signed nextcloud certificate.

O=Nextcloud
expires in 90 days

Looks like you have to install the certificate.

Create one certificate, then use it 60 - 85 days, then create the next.

Hi JuergenAuer,

Thanks a lot for your fast support!

The previous admin did not understand why installed a request for a certificate every day and I had to temporarily install a self-signed certificate instead of a public one from LetsEncrypt.

Do I understand correctly that after 2019-07-29 12:08:45 I can request a new certificate from LetsEncrypt for cloud.ferro-estate.ru again to resolve the problem?

You can do that. But more important: Where are the current certificates?

Why don't you use one of these? You don't need to wait if you have one of these certificates and install it.

Hi, JuergenAuer

Unfortunately, I could not find the certificates that the server previously requested (May be is was not saved for use).
Today at 12:32 I tried to get the certificate from LetsEncrypt again, but again I received an error:
There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new order :: too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains: cloud.ferro-estate.ru

Why is that? Is it possible to reset the counter of the issued certificates once for our domain?

Thanks a lot for your support again!

Maybe a time zone problem, wait some hours.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.