Cant fix my ssl

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: panel.mercynodes.net

I ran this command: certbot certonly --nginx -d panel.mercynodes.net

It produced this output:
An unexpected error occurred:
There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new order :: too many certificates (5) already issued for this exact set of domains in the last 1 68 hours: panel.mercynodes.net, retry after 2022-09-30T03:19:57Z: see https://le tsencrypt.org/docs/duplicate-certificate-limit/
Please see the logfiles in /var/log/letsencrypt for more details.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

• Your account credentials have been saved in your Certbot
    configuration directory at /etc/letsencrypt. You should make a
    secure backup of this folder now. This configuration directory will
    also contain certificates and private keys obtained by Certbot so
    making regular backups of this folder is ideal.
  • We were unable to subscribe you the EFF mailing list because your
    e-mail address appears to be invalid. You can try again later by
    visiting https://act.eff.org.

My web server is (include version): nginx 1.18.0

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 20.04

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: NodeClusters

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): 0.40.0

I am trying to remove ALL of my certificates, I ahve reset my vps, doesnt work. I need to finish this project asap!! Thanks in advance, Chaptum

1 Like

Hello @Chaptum, welcome to the Let's Encrypt community. :slightly_smiling_face:

Is very old, I suggest updating it.

Testing and debugging are best done using the Staging Environment as the Rate Limits are much higher. Rate Limits are per week (rolling).

And to assist with debugging there is a great place to start is Let's Debug.

1 Like

Why? You've created five certs for your domain, all of them today. Use one of them. If you've already destroyed those certs (and more importantly, the corresponding public private keys), you've been wasting Let's Encrypt's resources, and you'll need to wait a week to be able to create another cert for that FQDN. Deleting your certs doesn't restore the resources you've wasted in creating these certs.

6 Likes

The command you've shown does not show a removal of any certificate, but attempt for issuance of a certificate, which is clearly the opposite? So I don't understand which goal you're attempting to achieve here: removing or getting a cert?

Well, "as soon as possible" is one week from Sep 28 02:57:24 2022 GMT I guess for this exact list of hostname(s) :roll_eyes:

I hope you got a backup of those removed certificates :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.