Cannot verify server identity on cPanel email ssl

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:egostockholm.com

I ran this command: I have Valid SSL running on my domain , but the email account which is connected to my cPanel on GoDaddy is showing expired

It produced this output: cannot verify server identity

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: GoDaddy / cPanel

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): I don't know

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

I have no idea what this means. Your site indeed is having a valid certificate configured, which is valid up to well within October.

Could you elaborate more about that whole cPanel/GoDaddy thing?

2 Likes

my domain is hosted on GoDaddy and I have my business emails on the cPanel on GoDaddy , my SSL cert is provided by you . I started receiving those errors today regarding the e-mails (screenshots attached) . I talked to GoDaddy support and they said it's an issue with the SSL that is provided by you and I should turn to you for support . I don't know what this means , and how I can fix it . the thing is that since I started getting those messages I can't send or receive messages anymore on my emails .

That screen shows a different domain name and a cert issued by Starfield.

How is that related to your other domain name with a Let's Encrypt cert?

3 Likes

Note that most of the users on this Community are just volunteers without any association with Let's Encrypt. Only the users with "Let's Encrypt staff" (or similar) as their title are actually Let's Encrypt employees :slight_smile:

Also, to add to @MikeMcQ s post: "email" is a very broad term and could be related to SMTP, IMAP, POP3 or even webmail using HTTPS. Could you please elaborate more about what protocol and what hostnames are actually causing you trouble?

3 Likes

Are you connecting to an IP directly [not via FQDN]?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.