The certificate is not valid

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: promesalatina.com

I ran this command: Install SSL certificate

It produced this output: The certificate is not valid

My web server is (include version): a2plcpnl0623 Apache Version 2.4.39

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): linux

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Godaddy

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Idon’t know

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): cPanel 78.0 (build 38)

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): I don’t know

Does your GoDaddy plan and cPanel allow you to get an LE cert?
[remember GoDaddy also sells certs]

Hi @jacob56

checking your domain you have created 5 identical certificates - promesalatina.com - Make your website better - DNS, redirects, mixed content, certificates

Issuer not before not after Domain names LE-Duplicate next LE
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-11-24 2020-02-22 promesalatina.com, www.promesalatina.com - 2 entries duplicate nr. 5 next Letsencrypt certificate: 2019-11-30 18:25:55
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-11-24 2020-02-22 promesalatina.com, www.promesalatina.com - 2 entries duplicate nr. 4
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-11-24 2020-02-22 promesalatina.com, www.promesalatina.com - 2 entries duplicate nr. 3
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-11-23 2020-02-21 promesalatina.com, www.promesalatina.com - 2 entries duplicate nr. 2
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-11-23 2020-02-21 promesalatina.com, www.promesalatina.com - 2 entries duplicate nr. 1

But you don't use one of these, instead, there is the standard secureserver.net certificate.

CN=*.prod.iad2.secureserver.net, OU=Domain Control Validated
expires in 58 days	*.prod.iad2.secureserver.net, prod.iad2.secureserver.net - 2 entries

How did you create these certificates?

Are you really able to install a certificate? With your cPanel, manual? If not, you can't use Letsencrypt certificates.

Checking your domain that looks incomplete:

Future home of something quite cool.

If you're the site owner , log in to launch this site

If you are a visitor , check back soon.

Perhaps you have to activate your domain.

I talk to them two days ago to change my plan to one that has cpanel (before I didnt have cpanel option) and told them that the reason was to be avaible to install Let’s Encrypt. They say it was ok.

OK then.
There should be an option in the cPanel to obtain an LE cert [automatically for you].
Otherwise, you may have to ask GoDaddy for a little direction.

OK, Thanks for your response I’m going to contact them to see was going on. I’m not a coder or anything close to. I just follow a tutorial on YouTube on how to install the LE certificate on Godaddy. The reason that I have so many is that I try many times but I always got the same response “The certificate is not valid” when I was copying and paste the certificate on the cpanel box and by the way the domain is active I don’t know what you can’t see it. That’s weird.

1 Like

Now I see the site. With a self signed certificate.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.