Cancel /remove a certicate issused by Let's Encrypt

I have a Synology Nas and when I try and create a new certificate I get the message you have reached the max certificates. So my question is how do I remove / cancel the certificates. I had to reset my NAS back to facktory settings and this is when the problem started.
I have submitted a ticket with Synology but no word back from them.
Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hi @Carl77, welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear about your trouble(s).
Unfortunately, there is no way to remove issued certs.
The only thing is wait for the rate limit time restriction to pass.
OR
Try using a different name for your NAS/certificate.

Hi Rudy, thanks for you help.

Do you mean change the name of my NAS server so that when I create another certificate use the new name of the NAS Server or change my domain name.

1 Like

You should be able to use the same domain, just use a different FQDN.

There's a rate limit of 5 identical certificates per week.. So that makes me wonder: did you reset your NAS back to factory settings 5 times? :astonished:

And as the rate limits documentation page already mentions: even if deleting/canceling a cert was possible, it would not reset the rate limits: the resources have already been spend and can never come back. And as the rate limits are to limit the amount of resources spend by misconfigured clients and such, it wouldn't make sense to have the rate limits bypassed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.