Can I get notifications if renewals fail?

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: blockchain-expo.com

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Siteground

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): no

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): cpanel11

You should ask Siteground. They control all the toggles for their Let’s Encrypt integration and whether they have renewal emails enabled.

cPanel is capable of sending renewal failure notification emails, but this depends on how the administrator has configured the server.

Thats kind of what expected, thanks. Unfortunately siteground support are saying its nothing to do with them and I should speak to lets encrypt

You can try go to cPanel -> Contact Information and check the following settings:

If you’re not using AutoSSL (and can’t see those settings) but some other means to get certificates, then you’ll need to specify how you’re getting the certs.

You could also subscribe to a third-party monitoring service and ask it to send you notifications if your deployed certificate is within, say, 28 days of expiry.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.