How to renew a certificate

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: www.drjuliejournaling.com

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): don't know

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): don't know

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: TSO host

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): don't know

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): cpanel

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): don't know

Ok, how did you get your certificate the first time around?

2 Likes

I don't remember. I can only recall following my hosts instructions for installing it. I haven't had any notifications about expiry and Let's Encrypt sign in didn't recognise my email address.

It looks like your host changed their mind on making it easy to use Let's Encrypt certificates.

According to them, you should do this procedure every 60-90 days: Install a Let's Encrypt certificate on your cPanel account | Tsohost Knowledge Base

(I would start looking for another host. 50 pounds per year buys any host you want.)

2 Likes

Thank you, I will.

1 Like

If you want to follow that procedure, in the meantime, you can use this:

3 Likes

Thanks @9peppe. :blush:

For future visitors, there is a newer version referenced at the top of that link:

TSOHost was bought by GoDaddy in early 2021.

3 Likes

Thankyou

1 Like

I have tried following the procedure, but I get a message saying the key does not match the certificate.

You should update both key and certificate.

1 Like

There should be a centralized location wher people can see and downlod the latest version, should it? :smiley:

3 Likes

At present, I've been distributing the single certsage.php file and all the primary instructions and resources in release posts in the #client-dev category. This has mainly been for search optimization, associating the safety of the community with CertSage, and collecting any bugs, questions, comments, concerns, suggestions, etc. in the community where they can be addressed within the community platform. There is a private GitHub project for CertSage with some experimental code. I haven't centralized there because I feel like many users of CertSage who aren't tech-oriented prefer the friendliness of the community to GitHub's ways. I will likely develop a website at the official domain (certsage.com) at some point. All the references in the code currently point to griffin.software, which itself needs a website and is only an entity for email and legal purposes right now.

3 Likes

@griffin You can of course do both: have CertSages code development at Github, but have the user oriented "front end" here on the Community. You can link to raw files on Github, although I haven't found a way to download the file instead of just viewing the file.. Of course users can use the right mouse button and use "save as" though.

4 Likes

Once I have more time to organize, it's certainly a desire of mine. :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.