Can I get a copy of my SSL certificate so I can just upload it in when?

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:123.123.123.12

I ran this command:acme V02

It produced this output: error not finding dns

My web server is (include version): nginx

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): ubuntu

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: kamatera

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): I don’t know

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):y

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): certbot

Hi @WavexGio

Can I get a copy of my SSL certificate so I can just upload it in when

I don't understand your question.

That's an ip address. If you want to create a certificate, you need a worldwide unique domain name.

2 Likes

It’s CreditFreeway.com I made the cert but I was wondering if I could extract the physical files so I can combine them with JavaScript in order to run them as one application on a single port.

That should be always possible.

Which client did you used? Certbot?

certbot certificates

shows the certificates and the files.

But there is no new Letsencrypt certificate ( https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=creditfreeway.com#ct-logs ):

Only two expired:

|1248275484|CN=Let's Encrypt Authority X3, O=Let's Encrypt, C=US|2019-03-02 05:40:14|2019-05-31 04:40:14|creditfreeway.com, www.creditfreeway.com 2 entries|||
| --- | --- | --- | --- |
|1248274113|CN=Let's Encrypt Authority X3, O=Let's Encrypt, C=US|2019-03-02 05:39:22|2019-05-31 04:39:22|creditfreeway.com, www.creditfreeway.com
2 entries|||

That's possible. But Letsencrypt certificates are only 90 days valid, so you should have something that updates the files.

1 Like

You may want to rethink this plan. It would be better to put a webserver such as Nginx, Apache, or Caddy in front of your application(s) as a reverse proxy. Caddy would be the absolute easiest way to go because it handles certificate renewal and the configs are fairly short.

2 Likes

I see. Thank you. Yes, I used Certbot. So after I make the certs again (I did for subdomain like creditconnect.creditfreeway.com) then I can use the links you provided and change the name to get the physical copies?

Not the links, these are online tools.

The result of

certbot certificates

is relevant. There you see paths + filenames.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.