Because of LE SSL apache failing to start after instance reboot

So this

Should look like more like:
I am not sure why you had the ServerName and ServerAlias as you did. I am just showing the proper format.

<VirtualHost *:443>
ServerName marketinghouse.ge
ServerAlias www.marketinghouse.ge
SSLEngine on 
SSLCertificateFile "/opt/bitnami/apache/conf/marketinghouse.ge.crt"
SSLCertificateKeyFile "/opt/bitnami/apache/conf/marketinghouse.ge.key"
4 Likes

I did nothing with ServerName and ServerAlias. This is the first time I see this file

So, should I change these lines manually?

1 Like

Yeah, I don't know how they got that way. I don't know bitnami well enough to explain but that is the reason Apache will not start.

That isn't really a Let's Encrypt problem and I've never seen it with bitnami / bncert before either.

If you change it manually it should allow Apache to start. But, if some bitnami config later overwrites it with the same wrong format it will break again.

Maybe another volunteer will have ideas or try a bitnami forum.

4 Likes

You make my day bro :wink:
Website works again.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

2 Likes

Did you edit that file manually? Did you follow some tutorial telling you to edit that?

4 Likes

Yes, I edit that file manually. No tutorial, I just follow the options in file footer. Website works like a charm. Do you think I have any problems in near future?

This is file content right now

I don't know. It's important you know what you're doing if you edit that file, and I don't know if your edits will persist.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.