Issue starting Apache after install of certs

After a tough 24 hours I finally got my SSL certificate installed on the new site. It was a tough set up this time. Not sure if it a bitnami, Lets Encrypt or something to do with Amazon Lightsail and/or WordPress stack (using the bitnami WordPress stack). Took many iterations and redo’s which may have contributed to the 1 issue remaining.

Everything is working fine right now on the acsls.org site. But if I reboot the server or stop/start the server there are apache issues that I di not have prior to installing the certificate (why I am thinking it is related to Lets Encrypt). In order to fix the issue I am running the following commands to kill apache2, stop everything and restart. All seems to work fine until the next reboot. Could use some suggestions on what to look at. Assume there is a config file somewhere that is not correct.

• sudo kill -9 $(sudo lsof -t -i:80)
  • sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh stop
  • sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh start

My domain is: acsls.org

I ran this command: sudo certbot --apache

It produced this output: site not available unless I kill, stop & start.

My web server is (include version): Apache/2.4.41 (Unix)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ununtu 16.04.6

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Amazon Lightsail

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): certbot 0.31.0

1 Like

Hi @denstl,

Looks like you are still using Bitnami AWS Image.
After restart and when site is unavailable, can you check the output of the below command:
sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh status
This should show you a summary of service status, which you might be able to see the error messages shown. (The last time I use Bitnami is back in 2017, so sorry I can’t give you more detailed instructions.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.