Autorenew LE on WordPress website? (cpanel and namecheap domain and hosting)

Hi! So I have a website www.katerdelyi.com and I kept using free ssl but it became a nightmare to install it every 3 months (last time it hasn’t even worked).

Im a total newbie and have no idea what is apache etc so just wanted to check if there is a way around to have an auto renew through let’s encrypt and certbot? YouTube has been of no help and reading other topics I just got massively confused.

I know namecheap doesn’t support let’s encrypt etc therefore I’m considering to change the hosting (any suggestions that support LE?) or buying namecheaps ssl for 8 bucks. thanks everyone for any help.

Hi @katuska305

there is an expired certificate

CN=katerdelyi.com
1 days expired	
katerdelyi.com, www.katerdelyi.com - 2 entries

How did you create that certficate? Do that again. Two days earlier.

Or check

to find another hoster.

1 Like

If you’re using a cPanel host that (intentionally) doesn’t support Let’s Encrypt, your best option is to switch to a different hosting provider, or buy the paid certificate from your host. You can also use something externally like

but this is a lot of extra work and not the way that Let’s Encrypt was designed to be used.

There's a longer list here as well: Web Hosting who support Let's Encrypt

Namecheap are unable to support it because of a contract they have with Comodo, according to their CEO. But maybe one day they will.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.