Auto-renewal stopped working with Webmin?

Hello,

Using Webmin/Virtualmin on a few Centos7 dedicated servers for many domains, since about a month autorenewal of SSL certificates stopped working. It is setup to renew at "2 months" for all domains. Now it does not renew any of them, and system sends me automatic mails at 20 and 10 days before expiry date.

All software is uptodate (OS, Web/virtualmin etc)

Any idea?
Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @jsmo

affected domain names are required.

Same issue here, across our servers autorenewal has stopped working, please advise!

It's probably best if you'd start your own thread @floristPro, unless it's really 100 % the same issue. But that's rather difficult to say right now I'd say.

For @jsmo: every thread started in the #Help section should have been pre-filled with a questionnaire. This might not have been presented to you for some reason or you decided to remove it altogether. In any case, we require the answers to the questionnaire. So please fill it in to the best of your knowledge and if you don't know an answer, please specify that.


Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Yes but for obvious reasons I don't want to post all domain names we manage. In fact ALL domains (and sub-domains) are concerned, on 2 dedicated servers. Centos 7x64 Webmin/Virtualmin, all updates, I have root access, all works unless the auto-renewal. All requests are done by Virtualmin. Hosting provider - myself :slight_smile:
I add that on other 11 servers that work with other OS than Centos, no problem at all!
Thank you for your attention!

seems to affect all our CentOS based servers as well (about 6) - manual renewal works fine just the auto renewal does not - same exact circumstances as jsmo as far as I can tell - will keep this thread bookmarked

edit; never mind, one of our debian servers has the issue as well

I solved same problem on my servers, with this post:

https://www.virtualmin.com/comment/833265#comment-833265

1 Like

Hi @dragant

thanks. :+1:

Looks like Virtualmin isn't able to handle the new R3 correct. That's bad.

May be there is an official update.

1 Like

Again? This has been fixed in Webmin 1.970.

However, Webmin uses certbot if it's installed and acme-tiny if it isn't. And the above fix was for when acme-tiny is used.

Also, any intermediate issue wouldn't stop auto-renewal: it would probably just install an incorrect chain, but that wouldn't prevent auto-renewal per se.

Without detailed Webmin/Virtualmin logs from users with this error we can't say anything about it. And it probably would be a bug in Webmin/Virtualmin, so probably also better to open a ticket/thread on their support forum.

Hi, my centOS / Virtualmin just did the same, i had to update manually all my virtual server certificate.
Like @dragant link say's it is reliable to R3, i will apply the patch in the link to.

Seems that all is right now after all updates are done, just received notifications of auto-renewal completed!
Webmin 1.973
Virtualmin 6.15
Usermin 1.823
On a Centos 7*64

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.