Any info about the end of Beta?

Hi, sorry if this has been answered already, but I could not find the answer here.

Is there any Information when LE will leave Beta ?

Not to my knowledge, no. I think it’s been mentioned that it’s going to be the Google-version of a beta, meaning it could be a while until the beta label gets dropped. :smile:

That being said, there’s nothing wrong with using it in production right now - a trusted certificate is a trusted certificate, beta or not.

1 Like

Just... Make sure everything is working in a testing setup with the staging server before putting everything into production :wink: You can't just assume everything is working out-of-the-box :slight_smile:

1 Like

If that’s the plan, I think it’s a bad idea. Seems like many hosting providers are waiting for LE to leave beta before implementing it.

Then it's probably good LE is still in beta. Don't forget, the client has only just hit v0.5 and "renew" was only implemented in v.03.

The client is working well for me (I assume - I haven't had to renew yet!), but I don't have a problem with hosting providers waiting another 6 months to see if there are any long-term issues that haven't yet come to light. This is their business after all, and they'll want to see a good track record before jumping on board.

It's also good for Let's Encrypt to have hosting providers wait. If they jumped on board now, and LE had an outage or a severe bug in their client, it could harm their reputation and impact TLS adoption.

LE has only been "live" for a few months, I think the beta moniker is appropriate :slight_smile:

1 Like

LE is no longer on beta status, so this thread is done!

1 Like