ACME error: 429 Too Many Requests (429 urn:ietf:params:acme:error:rateLimited (The request exceeds a rate limit)

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: siteground

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Hi @Djwiljo12

they are correct.

All answers are required - your domain name and the exact error.

Your error message has all required informations.

Please use these, there is your exact time.

Sorry to hear about your problem.
The answer to the wait time can be found here:

2 Likes

Why are you deleting posts in a thread where you're asking for help? It really limits the ability of other users to help you. But the error message you quoted tells you the rate limit you hit (too many failed authorizations), and the link in that same error message tells you when it resets (one hour). If it's failing past that point, your problem is with Siteground--and if their support is as bad as you say, that may be a good reason for you to consider using a different web host.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.