X509: certificate signed by unknown authority

I'm getting this error on my application, after generating an ssl certificate for it. i used this to check the status of my hostname and i got this message The certificate currently available on nyben.xyz is OK. It is not one of the certificates affected by the Let's Encrypt CAA rechecking problem. Its serial number is 922a1a152419f405fdq1497610ca3c849za2, but anytime i run the application i get x509: certificate signed by unknown authority
in request GET nyben.xyz/

furthermore i get: [errHandler]
x509: cannot validate certificate for 149.28.240.3 because it doesn't contain any IP SANs
in request POST 149.28.240.3/

1 Like

Welcome to the Let's Encrypt Community :slightly_smiling_face:

Let's Encrypt issues certificates covering domain names, not IP addresses.

2 Likes

Yes, i generated a cert for my hostname, i was only showing the errors it gave, or would the issues from the ip address been from my application? this was the first error i got, before i got the other x509: certificate signed by unknown authority
in request GET nyben.xyz/

Considering that nyben.xyz isn't even a registered domain name, how did you get a certificate again?

1 Like

it was, as of yesterday, i registered a new domain, but since it was giving the same issues, i had to use the previous domain instead

Ah. It appears that the registration was purged.

The queried object (nyben.xyz) does not exist: previous registration D283874234-CNIC was purged on 2022-03-24T12:29:09.0Z (DOMAIN NOT FOUND)

https://gen.xyz/whois

1 Like

What is the current domain name yielding the error(s)?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.