Wordpress plugins using Lets Encrypt shows insecure certificate on some browsers

Hi,
I am a developer and getting this error on installing ssl using wordpress plugins which offer it for free. The error given in sslshopper is the certificate is not trusted in all web browsers. You may need to install an Intermediate/chain certificate to link it to a trusted root certificate. Learn more about this error. The fastest way to fix this problem is to contact your SSL provider. for and srisriayurvedahospital.org the same works fine on www.qmii.com and www.ijurugsoft.com, Any way to quick fix. Its lets encrypt certificates. thanks

1 Like

Welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

I can provide you with a link to the intermediary certificate.

https://letsencrypt.org/certs/lets-encrypt-x3-cross-signed.pem

edit:
Taking into account @JuergenAuer's excellent suggestion below, you can transform your certificate file into "fullchain.pem" as follows:

1. Download the intermediary certificate file using the link above.
  2. Open your current certificate file and the intermediary certificate file in a text editor.
  3. Add a blank line at the bottom of your certificate file.
  4. Copy-and-paste the contents of the intermediary certificate file to the bottom of your certificate file.
  5. Save your modified certificate file.
1 Like

Hi @ijurugsoft

if you have that error, check your certificate installation.

Looks like cert.pem is used. Use fullchain.pem instead.

2 Likes

First of all thanks for taking time and helping out. I did all the steps given by you.
But still the same error. What could be the reason.? thanks so much!

The certificate is not trusted in all web browsers. You may need to install an Intermediate/chain certificate to link it to a trusted root certificate. Learn more about this error. The fastest way to fix this problem is to contact your SSL provider.

\ 128x128 Common name: srisriayurvedahospital.org
SANs: srisriayurvedahospital.org
Valid from September 29, 2020 to December 28, 2020
Serial Number: 03933847836020e6a975c105844dbac8aa69
Signature Algorithm: sha256WithRSAEncryption
Issuer: Let's Encrypt Authority X3

1 Like

Try using this one:

fullchain.pem (3.8 KB)

Thanks for all your help. I hate to say it did not work.
I followed all the steps and added that fullchain certificate after blank line after the sites .pem

1 Like

Use the fullchain.pem I have provided above instead of your existing certificate. It is fully tested and contains everything you need.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.