Windows Win-acme - where are the certs?

Hi,

I am using Letencrypt on Windows Server for my PRTG Monitoring Site.

When i used to use v1.9 odd of win-acme it created the pfx certs in c:\programdata that i could use PRTG’s certificate importer to import.

Ive migrated my PRTG server to a Server 2019 box and using the v2.05 of win-acme.

I have installed IIS on the PRTG server to generate the cert which it generates and binds fine… At this point normally id stop the IIS site, go locate the <domain_name>-all.pfx file in C:\ProgramData\letsencrypt-win-simple\httpsacme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org and import that using PRTG’s tool.

However now in v2.05 this doesnt seem to exist.

C:\ProgramData\win-acme\acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org\Certificates is a directory, but in there is just XXXXX-cache.pfx and a XXXXX-csr.pem file

When i try to use the cache.pfx file it asks for a passphrase - which i didnt set, i just clicked the number of the IIS site in the wizard and it went off and applied and binded it.

If i try and export the cert from MMC Certificates from the Web Hosting Store it says the associated private key is marked as not exportable

How can i export the cert to a pfx?

Where is the private key?

Thanks

FYI - this is the guide ive always followed up until using this new v2

Hi @FTL

looks like the creator of that tool has secured the private key.

So you should ask there.

Or switch to another client.

1 Like

Ok ill just go back to v1.9 for now then which i know works.

Thanks for the reply

2 Likes
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.