About a year ago, we requested to raise rate limit for our account and was granted.
We continued to develop on our project without issuing many certificates using LE’s production directory.
About two days ago, we start experimenting with the production directory, and hit the rate limit pretty quickly. The error message initially said we created new orders too frequently, and once that rate limit passed it said too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains.
Issuing certificates for the same set of domains was a mistake on our part, and is currently being addressed.
But this rate limit was hit with very low number of certificates being issued, and we have verified that the account hitting the rate limit is the same one that has its rate limit raised.
A few questions:
- Is our rate limit restored?
- Will rate limit be restored with long period of low issuance rate?
- Is it possible to check the rate limit for an account?
- What rate limits are raised exactly? We believe the number of certificates per registered domain will definitely be raised, but what about the number of new orders per 3 hours?
- Is the number of certificates issued for the same set of verified domains always rate limited?
- Is the rate of revoking certificate also rate limited? The official doc mentions the request rate limit, but what about actual revocations?
We can provide the account number to help investigate. Is it safe to disclose it here or a more private channel should be used?