Website down -- invalid cert expired

Hello,
I had developers use lets encrypt for my ssl, its expired and hard coded into the application.

I tried to find a place to download a new cert without luck…

My sites down for over 24 hours and have some pissed off clients which I’m on damage control with…

IS THERE ANYWAY TO PROVIDE ME WITH A NEW CERT, I’D PURCHASE, AND AN EASY WAY FOR ME TO UPDATE THE FILES ON THE SERVER?

URL: https://rmt.co/

The current technical stask is: PHP 7.2, Apache 2.4, Laravel 6.0, ReactJS, MySQL(5.7), docker(docker-compose), SDK (AWS, Swagger, Twilio, Stripe)

SSL granted by Let's encrypt

PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

Welcome to the Let's Encrypt Community, David :slightly_smiling_face:

We only provide free certificates here and we'd be happy to help you acquire one.

Do you have root access to your server?

What OS are you using?

We can talk about cleaning up your redirects and changing the 302 redirects to 301 redirects later.

Screenshot_20200930-122648_Samsung Internet

Screenshot_20200930-122737_Samsung Internet

Why is that URL behind some kind of tracking service?!?

Also, it seems you've managed to get a new certificate from ZeroSSL yesterday. Unfortunately, this is the Let's Encrypt Community, not the ZeroSSL Community. While we are happy to help you get and install a Let's Encrypt certificate, chances are the volunteers of this Community won't be of assistance regarding to ZeroSSL certs.

3 Likes

I can't see the content due to the expired certificate being served. What "tracking service"?

See the link behind the URL in the OP: don't click on the link, just look at it first :wink:

1 Like

We were trying anything to get the site back up, the install of the other ssl was only out of ease as we were having trouble accessing and installing the let’s encrypt ssl.

The ssl is coded into the application and unaware of any tracking service behind it.

I meant the link in your first post: the link linked to a tracking site/page which ultimately redirected to your site.. But a gracious moderator has fixed the link and removed the tracking site from your post.

1 Like

The intended way of using Let's Encrypt is to install a client application on your web server that automatically requests new certificates using Let's Encrypt's API. There is no way to download updated certificates from a web page, because you have to take actions to prove your continued control over the domain name in the certificate. The client applications are able to do this for you.

If your developers got a Let's Encrypt certificate manually, their solution was not particularly sustainable, since all Let's Encrypt certificates are always valid for only 90 days.

2 Likes

Copy and thank you. Really looking for the communities help... or anyone for hire to complete the job.

1 Like

This looks helpful and will attempt to teach ourselves...

Our web development team has left us somewhat stranded, covid effected them greatly...

1 Like

Hi - would you be able to be for immediate hire? Please let me know.

more@realmarkettech.com

@David_Axelrad

I pinged @schoen for you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.