Website accesses old certificate

My domain is:
www.wildhorsesvalley.com

I ran this command:
We renewed the certificate because it ran out a few days ago through plesk

It produced this output:
The new certificate works most of the time, but when you add "www." before the domain name it does not access the new certificate but instead the old one, which is expired. It seems that it sometimes randomly accesses the old certificate too, even when not manually adding ".www" to the domain name.
Even though we have activated *.wildhorsesvalley.com

My web server is (include version):
I don't know

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
Ubunto 18.04.5 LTS

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
1blu

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):
no

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
Yes, plesk obsidian 18.0.48

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):
I don't think we are using certbot

Welcome to the community @Wildhorsesvalley

Yes, I also see your server using different certs for repeated requests. This often means Apache needs a full restart or even restart your server.

Sometimes an old Apache worker gets stuck and does not see a fresh cert. That is likely your situation. Let us know what results

5 Likes

Thank you very, very much! It helped and everything works!
I can't thank you enough!

3 Likes

You might want to review system resources [like: memory] to better understand why that may have happened.
Also, you should keep your software updated [if it is within your control].
Seeing:

It might not be within your control.

But seeing that a full restart fixed the problem, it makes me think that you do have control.

hmm...

You might also consider scheduling a service reload [or restart if problem persists] on a weekly or monthly basis.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.