Webroot path in Ubuntu. Traefik Webserver

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: http://loganrocketchattest.com:3000/

I ran this command: sudo certbot certonly --webroot

It produced this output: Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Please enter the domain name(s) you would like on your certificate (comma and/or
space separated) (Enter 'c' to cancel): loganrocketchattest.com
Requesting a certificate for loganrocketchattest.com
Input the webroot for loganrocketchattest.com: (Enter 'c' to cancel):

My web server is (include version): traefik version
Version: v1.7.20
Codename: maroilles
Go version: go1.12.14
Built: 2019-12-10_05:00:15PM
OS/Arch: linux/amd64

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS (GNU/Linux 5.4.0-105-generic x86_64)

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Name Cheap and Digital Ocean

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): No, I use the shell.

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):
certbot --version
certbot 1.26.0

Hi team. I would like to know how do I find the webroot path? It is not under /var/www. I installed the Rocket.chat droplet in digital ocean and need to install an SSL cert but not sure where the files reside. Than k you for your assistance if you happen to know.

1 Like

Traefik has built-in support to acquire certificates from an ACME provider like Let's Encrypt. I don't think you should be using Certbot in that case.

Is there a particular guide or tutorial you are following?

3 Likes

Hello _az, thank you. I am following these instructions: DigitalOcean - Rocket.Chat Docs. I will take a look at Traefik documentation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.