We need to do end to end automation for certificate renewal and creation

Hi Team,
1 . I am prasanna, working in service based company(India),
our client required certification automation have to do end to end automation, (automatically renewal should happen),
2. We need one test environment for explore automation part.
3. Please confirm below certificate type you have
1. Wildcard support
2. Multi domain
3. Single Domain
4. NON EV type
4. please confirm , if we are using both server and load balancer, you guys support for both.
5. do you guys have any commercial product ?
6. shall we get any contact number to speak with sales or support team?

1 Like

Yes, but only with the dns-01 challenge.

Yes, one certificate can contain up to 100 hostnames (only hostnames, no IP addresses currently).

Yes.

Yes, Let's Encrypt only issues DV certificates.

Yes or no. Let's Encrypt certificates can be used in any product for TLS server/client authentication. However, the official Let's Encrypt software called certbot (from EFF) only supports the webservers Apache and nginx for automatic installation. For all other software, such as load balancers, you'll need to fix something yourself to get it automated.

No.

No, this community of mainly volunteers and also a bunch of Let's Encrypt employees are the only (free) support possible.

2 Likes

Thank you for your quick response, you mention automation only support for Apache and Nginx (automation we need like no manual interaction including approval form both side, i should renewal automatically)and automation part do u have any tool or have to go via programming language.
Please confirm here automation no manual interaction including approval certificate from both side.
and do u have any test environment for play

Clients and library can be found there: ACME Client Implementations - Let's Encrypt

"Let's Encypt" uses the ACME protocol and can be 100% automated. After, it depends of the client you use and the renewal method (for example with some DNS provider it's more difficult to automate the DNS method)

Yes: Staging Environment - Let's Encrypt

You should use it to avoid rate-limits: Rate Limits - Let's Encrypt

Can i get document link here about automation part.

they told you already about the staging environment. please be aware that it has ratelimits too. if you need more, you can install boulder or pebble and host your own acme server for testing.

Can get help from your team, for implementation, i am new this technology, i need proper steps like, from creation cert to installation and renewal (by automation)

Start from here:

manpage is here:

if you want a fully automatic and enclosed solution, look here:

1 Like

All the documentation about Let's Encrypt can be found here: Documentation - Let's Encrypt

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.