I have been getting warning emails about how I have been using a Acme v1 client and that that protocol (V1) is being deprecated. Then I would check and my client was using the “-u” switch which automatically upgrades the client. So I was confused. I finally took some time to look at this and I found that the getssl client will work for either Acme v1 or v2.
This is what I believe is key:
The original documentation and examples have this line in the getssl.cfg :
I have changed that line to:
and it has worked although I can’t tell whether or not this will stop the emails from Lets Encrypt
If anyone associated with getssl would care to comment that would be helpful.