Use certificate on another server

Hello.

Can I use a certificate that was generated on a server?

Explaining better:

I have an environment like deiba my DNS server and my web servers on Windows and Linux.

I created a Wildcard certificate on my Windows WEB server (* .mycompany.net.br). And all applications on this server use a subdomain with this certificate. So far so good.

Now, I must use this certificate in an application that is on a Linux WEB server.
This applies to a subdomain (web2.mycompany.net.br).

Why am I going to need the .crt or pem file and the key. But I don’t know where to find it.

1 Like

Hi @kleber07

which Letsencrypt client did you used? Letsencrypt sends the certificate in the PEM format, so that client may have saved the certificate and converted it in a pfx or another format.

Then you can reuse the certificate.

But: You can create 5 identical certificates per week with the same set of domain names.

So it's possible you create a new certificate in your Linux environment. If you don't have a lot of errors, the rate limit shouldn't be a problem.

2 Likes

I used this client on IIS:

1 Like

Solved!

Tutorial to extract pfx certificate:

I did the procedure with the PFX file that is in this folder:
C: \ ProgramData \ Certify \ certes \ assets \ pfx

I followed this tutorial to import into Apache and it worked out.
https://www.godaddy.com/help/installation-manual-of-certified-ssl-no-server-apache-ubuntu-32078

Thank you so much, Schoen.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.