Upgrade to acme v2 - amazon linux ami

My domain is: www.sivanandastore.com

I ran this command: cerbot renew

It produced this output: certificate gets renewed, but I get a mail to upgrade to acme v2

My web server is (include version): apache

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): amazon linux ami

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: aws

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): No

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): version 0.22.0

I was not able to up update my certbot version using yum
I was able to download certbot-auto. But I did not use it to issue a new certificate thinking that it might interfere with the existing certificate.
I used certbot with the --server option giving the server url which did not work

I have inherited this system from somebody else & not very familiar with the processes.
What is the nest thing to do given that I will not be able to use acme v1 beyond June 2020.

please suggest.
I went through the documentation on acme v2 update. But things are still unclear for me, Kindly help

Best Regards,
Sujatha

1 Like

It won't interfere. Other than how it is installed, it is otherwise identical in behavior to the regular certbot program. It will use your existing configuration and it will respect your existing certificates.

I would suggest just trying:

sudo certbot-auto renew --server https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/directory

and see how it goes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.