Updating the LE Client

Just wondering if the client is able update itself and run the latest source from the Github repo, or if you need to update this manually, and if so how would you go about this (do you just need to re-clone the repo?).

Thanks guys!

Not sure if it will auto-update. The easiest thing to do if you’ve already run git clone is to just run “git pull” from inside the directory where the client is. That will download all the changes since you last ran a pull or clone and apply them to your copy.

Hi, appreciate the response. :smile: However, I ran the command ./letsencrypt-auto --version both before I updated and after, however both time the output was letsencrypt 0.1.0, dispite the follwoing potitive output;

`
root@ns3297292:/etc/letsencrypt# git pull
remote: Counting objects: 245, done.
remote: Total 245 (delta 148), reused 148 (delta 148), pack-reused 97
Receiving objects: 100% (245/245), 44.38 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (163/163), completed with 36 local objects.
From https://github.com/letsencrypt/letsencrypt
c45e394…ce14851 master -> origin/master

• [new branch] 1531 -> origin/1531
  • [new branch] apache-conf-library -> origin/apache-conf-library
  • [new branch] augeas329 -> origin/augeas329
  • [new branch] break -> origin/break
  • [new branch] wip-1546 -> origin/wip-1546
    Updating c45e394…ce14851
    Fast-forward
    README.rst | 6 ++±–
    acme/acme/messages.py | 6 +++±-
    bootstrap/_rpm_common.sh | 2 ±
    docs/using.rst | 11 +++++±----
    examples/cli.ini | 4 ++++
    letsencrypt-apache/letsencrypt_apache/augeas_lens/README | 2 ±
    letsencrypt-apache/letsencrypt_apache/augeas_lens/httpd.aug | 16 ++++++++++++±–
    letsencrypt-apache/letsencrypt_apache/configurator.py | 52 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++±--------------
    letsencrypt-apache/letsencrypt_apache/tests/configurator_test.py | 33 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    letsencrypt/cli.py | 4 +±-
    letsencrypt/configuration.py | 32 ++±----------------------------
    letsencrypt/display/ops.py | 22 +++++++++++++++++++±-
    letsencrypt/le_util.py | 34 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    letsencrypt/tests/display/ops_test.py | 12 ++++++++++++
    tests/apache-conf-files/{failing => passing}/drupal-htaccess-1531.conf | 0
    tests/apache-conf-files/passing/sslrequire-wordlist.conf | 1 +
    tests/apache-conf-files/passing/two-blocks-one-line-1693.conf | 28 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    17 files changed, 202 insertions(+), 63 deletions(-)
    rename tests/apache-conf-files/{failing => passing}/drupal-htaccess-1531.conf (100%)
    create mode 100644 tests/apache-conf-files/passing/sslrequire-wordlist.conf
    create mode 100644 tests/apache-conf-files/passing/two-blocks-one-line-1693.conf
    `

The reason I require this is, a recent update to the master branch fixes and issue I reported a few days ago ( https://github.com/letsencrypt/letsencrypt/pull/1831 ), however still, on running it I recieve the same error as I reported in the issue, in other words it doesn’t seem to have fixed anything.

Yeah, the version doesn’t seem to jump for me either. You could try to see if your code fix is present in the code pull you did.

The changes do appear to have been applied, I’m kinda confused now since I’m getting the same error despite the pull request confirming it does fix this issue.