Update your client software to continue using Let's Encrypt

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:https://hubblog.se/

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): ubuntu0.16.04.9

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): ubuntu0.16.04.9

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: glesys.com vps

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): certbot 0.28.0

Hi thanks for a great service

I got a mail like this

Hi,

According to our records, the software client you’re using to get Let’s
Encrypt TLS/SSL certificates issued or renewed at least one HTTPS certificate
in the past two weeks using the ACMEv1 protocol. Your client’s IP address was:

2a02:750:5::15d 31.192.224.167

The mail is not from the server with the domain hubblog.se it is from a clone of another server that has the certbot version 0.25.0

My questions

1. the ACMEv1 protocol is that related to certbot version, do i get ACMEv2 if i upgrade certbot?
  2. Hubblog.se has certbot 0.28.0 is that enough to have ACMEv2 and to be up to date
  3. Why did i not get a mail from the server that the 31.192.224.167 is a clone of . that is hubnet.se

regards Hubertus

1 Like

Certbot 0.25.0 needs to be upgraded (or removed if you are no longer using the certs handled by it.)

1 Like

Okay so 0.28.0 is the latest version?
does 0.28.0 support ACMEv2?

regards Hubertus

For Ubuntu 16.04, I think 0.31.0 is the latest.

Maybe, but all the "parts" need to be updated as well.
Primarily python3-acme which should be version 0.31.0-2

I would check the system for updates:
sudo apt update
sudo apt list --upgradeable

1 Like

Okay thanks :wink:

sudo apt list --upgradeable

says

python3-acme/xenial 0.31.0-2+ubuntu16.04.6+certbot+2 all [upgradable from: 0.25.1-1+ubuntu16.04.1+certbot+1]

anything else that should be ugraded?

How can I confirm that ACMEv2 is in play?

kind regards Hubertus

Certbot.

The simplest is to do a --dry-run against the staging environment [which now only supports acmev2]
Otherwise, you can also review the LE logs for acmev01, acmev02 use.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.