Unrecognized arguments: --dns-azure-config

Are you sure you ran all the plugin registration steps for snap?

sudo snap install certbot --classic
sudo snap install certbot-dns-azure
sudo snap set certbot trust-plugin-with-root=ok
sudo snap connect certbot:plugin certbot-dns-azure

You could also try --dns-azure-credentials ~/.secrets/certbot/azure.ini (instead of --dns-azure-config) which should work the same but may have some difference that's relevant.

4 Likes

There are two different, incompatible, but similar plugins:

and

The first one uses --dns-azure-credentials (no alias to --dns-azure-config, and it expects a json file) and needs a resource group argument too.

I suspect the OP's issue is a mixup of the plugins.

2 Likes

As far as I know, there is just a single certbot-dns-azure on snapcraft: Install certbot-dns-azure on Linux | Snap Store Which is from the latter github repo.

I have NO idea why the certbot plugins command would show the dns-azure plugin, but it doesn't come up in the log files in other runs.. I'm puzzled.

2 Likes

Personally I didn’t use snap, I used brew on a max to install certbot and then pip to install the azure plugin, they are both in PyPi under slightly different names.

I realise the OP used snap but if they perhaps mucked about with pip too then they could have the wrong version, and that would cause exactly what is described in this thread.

2 Likes

It's certainly possible there are multiple versions of Certbot installed indeed.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.