Unable to update the default certificate on application load balancer using aws cli

I have generated a certificate for a domain using letsencrypt and imported it in acm using aws cli. However when I try to update the default certificate on the loadbalancer, I get below error. I can see that the certificate has been imported into the acm. Please let me know if I am missing anything. Also, I did verify that the loadbalancer is present in the right region. I am not sure why I am getting below error.

Error:
An error occurred (LoadBalancerNotFound) when calling the SetLoadBalancerListenerSSLCertificate operation: There is no ACTIVE Load Balancer named 'loadbalancer-name'

Here are my steps -

1. Generate certificate for my domain 'abc.domain.co.
    certbot certonly --dns-route53 --dns-route53-propagation-seconds 60 -d abc.domain.co --agree-tos --no-bootstrap --preferred-challenges dns-01
  2. Import certificate into ACM -
    aws acm import-certificate --certificate fileb:///etc/letsencrypt/live/abc.domain.co/cert.pem --certificate-chain fileb:///etc/letsencrypt/live/abc.domain.co/chain.pem --private-key fileb:///etc/letsencrypt/live/abc.domain.co/privkey.pem
  3. Update the ssl listener on the loadbalancer -
    aws elb set-load-balancer-listener-ssl-certificate --load-balancer-name loadbalancer --load-balancer-port 443 --ssl-certificate-id arn:aws:acm:us-west-1:8443XXXXXXX:certificate/xxxxx-ab3b-4036-b65e-f6cee35735a8 --region us-west-1

Welcome @bomsabado

That doesn't sound like a problem with Let's Encrypt certs. Seems more like something to ask about on AWS re:Post or even stackoverflow.

Perhaps another volunteer will offer a tip anyway.

I mostly wanted to ask whether you were aware you could get a cert using AWS ACM for the ELB (see here). Might be easier to keep it all "in the family"

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.