Unable to Renew ssl certificate

Earlier i was able to renew ssl certificate using below command
letsencrypt renew
and it was working fine. But again ran same command but not able to renew the ssl. Getting below error.
Processing /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/(removedactualdomain).com.conf
2018-01-12 09:35:22,583:CRITICAL:letsencrypt.auth_handler:Client does not support any combination of challenges that will satisfy the CA.
2018-01-12 09:35:22,584:WARNING:letsencrypt.cli:Attempting to renew cert from /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/(removedactualdomain).com.conf produced an unexpected error: Client does not support any combination of challenges that will satisfy the CA… Skipping.

Please help me on this.
Thank You.

Take a read of Solution: Client with the currently selected authenticator does not support any combination of challenges that will satisfy the CA , it provides a workaround.

1 Like

Thanks for quick response.

but certbot is not working for me. Anything i am missing or doing wrong when running the command.
Error- certbot: command not found

Please help me on this.

Thanks.

You should be able to substitute certbot for letsencrypt, they are names for the same thing. The difference depends on where you installed the package from.

I tried and this time letsencrypt working but again getting some error.

error
** letsencrypt [SUBCOMMAND] [options] [-d domain] [-d domain] …**

The Let’s Encrypt agent can obtain and install HTTPS/TLS/SSL certificates. By
default, it will attempt to use a webserver both for obtaining and installing
the cert. Major SUBCOMMANDS are:

** (default) run Obtain & install a cert in your current webserver**
** certonly Obtain cert, but do not install it (aka “auth”)**
** install Install a previously obtained cert in a server**
** renew Renew previously obtained certs that are near expiry**
** revoke Revoke a previously obtained certificate**
** rollback Rollback server configuration changes made during install**
** config_changes Show changes made to server config during installation**
** plugins Display information about installed plugins**
letsencrypt: error: unrecognized arguments: --pre-hook systemctl stop apache2.service --post-hook systemctl start apache2.service

Thank You.

A couple of suggestions:

1. If your version of letsencrypt is too old, it may be worthwhile downloading certbot and trying again.
  2. Try quoting the hook commands, e.g. --pre-hook "systemctl stop apache2.service" --post-hook "systemctl start apache2.service".
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.