Failure Renew certificates

I ran this command:
/var/ssl_cert/certbot-auto renew --dry-run
or
/var/ssl_cert/certbot-auto renew --force-renewal --standalone --preferred-challenges http

It produced this output:

Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Processing /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/..conf
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plugins selected: Authenticator standalone, Installer None
Renewing an existing certificate
Performing the following challenges:
Client with the currently selected authenticator does not support any combination of challenges that will satisfy the CA. You may need to use an authenticator plugin that can do challenges over DNS.
Attempting to renew cert (...) from /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/....conf produced an unexpected error: Client with the currently selected authenticator does not support any combination of challenges that will satisfy the CA. You may need to use an authenticator plugin that can do challenges over DNS.. Skipping.

Cert is due for renewal, auto-renewing...
Could not choose appropriate plugin: The manual plugin is not working; there may be problems with your existing configuration.
The error was: PluginError('An authentication script must be provided with --manual-auth-hook when using the manual plugin non-interactively.',)
Attempting to renew cert (...) from /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/...conf produced an unexpected error: The manual plugin is not working; there may be problems with your existing configuration.
The error was: PluginError('An authentication script must be provided with --manual-auth-hook when using the manual plugin non-interactively.',). Skipping.

My web server is (include version):
nginx

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):
yes. using root

What does /var/ssl_cert/certbot-auto --version say?

Hi,

Please try the following command:
/var/ssl_cert/certbot-auto renew --force-renewal -a standalone --preferred-challenges http (In renewal, you would need to specify standalone by setting an Authenticator.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.