Unable to re-issue Certificate

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: www.technotiate.com

I ran this command:

It produced this output: certbot --apache

My web server is (include version): apache2

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: google cloud

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):YES

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

Is there a way i can use my already issued certificate OR do i need to wait for next week to get it renewed.?

I did not take a copy of my originally provided certificates - neither private or public ?

1 Like

Hi @technotiate

please explain what you have done.

Your output is missing. If you have already created new certificates, use one of these.

PS: Ah, now the mess is visible - https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=technotiate.com#ct-logs

Issuer not before not after Domain names LE-Duplicate next LE
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2020-05-27 2020-08-25 www.technotiate.com - 1 entries duplicate nr. 5 next Letsencrypt certificate: 2020-06-03 06:21:08
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2020-05-27 2020-08-25 www.technotiate.com - 1 entries duplicate nr. 4
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2020-05-27 2020-08-25 technotiate.com - 1 entries duplicate nr. 1
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2020-05-27 2020-08-25 technotiate.com, www.technotiate.com - 2 entries duplicate nr. 2
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2020-05-27 2020-08-25 www.technotiate.com - 1 entries duplicate nr. 3
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2020-05-27 2020-08-25 technotiate.com, www.technotiate.com - 2 entries duplicate nr. 1
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2020-05-27 2020-08-25 www.technotiate.com - 1 entries duplicate nr. 2
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2020-05-27 2020-08-25 www.technotiate.com - 1 entries duplicate nr. 1

A lot of certificates, most wrong, because they have only one domain name. Use that with two domain names.

1 Like

Yes. I had lots of issues on the Server with my either my apache Database going corrupt or SSL not working correctly.

Is there a way to clean-up wrong entries that i did & a way to download & use an existing one.

Any document i can refer at my end to do that?

Or does waiting for next week will fix it & allow me to use it.

Also, is there a best practice document i can follow. Please advise.

1 Like

Do you have the private key? If not, the public part isn't relevant.

What says

certbot certificates
apachectl -S
1 Like

Please find the output below :

root@wordpress-3-vm:~# certbot certificates
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log

No certs found.

root@wordpress-3-vm:~#
root@wordpress-3-vm:~# apachectl -S
VirtualHost configuration:
*:80 wordpress-3-vm.us-east1-b.c.my-first-project-technotiate.internal (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf:1)
ServerRoot: “/etc/apache2”
Main DocumentRoot: “/var/www/html”
Main ErrorLog: “/var/log/apache2/error.log”
Mutex watchdog-callback: using_defaults
Mutex rewrite-map: using_defaults
Mutex proxy: using_defaults
Mutex default: dir="/var/run/apache2/" mechanism=default
Mutex mpm-accept: using_defaults
PidFile: “/var/run/apache2/apache2.pid”
Define: DUMP_VHOSTS
Define: DUMP_RUN_CFG
User: name=“www-data” id=33
Group: name=“www-data” id=33
root@wordpress-3-vm:~#

1 Like

So you have deleted your certificates. That's always wrong. Deleting certificates -> additional problems.

There is no correct vHost with your domain name.

• create one (see the documentation of your system) with both domain names
  • create one certificate with both domain names (that's possible, there are only 2 certificates with both domain names),
  • make a backup
  • install the certificate if it isn't installed
1 Like

Thanks a lot for all the Help!! Did a through reading on the topics & was able to successfully apply the Certificates. Have taken a backup of all the keys.

It did helped a lot. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.