Two ssl certificates One domain

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is: www.cumitan.com

I recently moved my domain between 3 different servers each with their unique ip addresses. I set up a new ssl certificate using certbot on each after server deleting the previous. I thought I was deleting the certs as I deleted the servers and created new ones.

I am now on my third server with 2 certs on the same domain. As a result the domain won’t work. How do I delete certs and set up a single one?

My web server is (include version): Nginx

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): ubuntu 16.04 LTS

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Linode

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

Hi @deschant,

I didn't understand what didn't work here or why. Did you receive a specific error message from some software?

Is it possible that you're running into a Let's Encrypt rate limit because you issued too many certificates for the same domain name?

If so, there is nothing you can do with deleting or revoking certificates to make the rate limit expire sooner. Instead, you can wait for a week. If it's the duplicative certificates limit as opposed to the certificates per registered domain rate limit, you can issue a new certificate sooner by adding an additional new subdomain to the certificate so that the list of domain names covered is no longer identical.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.