Trying to get certs for ssl in nginx proxy manager

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: portainer.teamgroth.me

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Goddy.com and cloudflare

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):certbot certonly

When trying to add ssl to any apps that I have setup in portainer, I get a internal error popup. looking at the logs, i see :

[8/31/2021] [7:32:05 PM] [Nginx ] › :information_source: info Reloading Nginx

[8/31/2021] [7:32:25 PM] [SSL ] › :information_source: info Renewing SSL certs close to expiry...

[8/31/2021] [7:32:26 PM] [Nginx ] › :information_source: info Reloading Nginx

[8/31/2021] [7:32:26 PM] [SSL ] › :information_source: info Renew Complete

[8/31/2021] [7:52:27 PM] [Nginx ] › :information_source: info Reloading Nginx

[8/31/2021] [7:52:27 PM] [SSL ] › :information_source: info Requesting Let'sEncrypt certificates for Cert #5: portainer.teamgroth.me

[8/31/2021] [7:52:27 PM] [SSL ] › :information_source: info Command: certbot certonly --non-interactive --config "/etc/letsencrypt.ini" --cert-name "npm-5" --agree-tos --authenticator webroot --email "triplej82@gmail.com" --preferred-challenges "dns,http" --domains "portainer.teamgroth.me"

[8/31/2021] [7:52:30 PM] [Nginx ] › :information_source: info Reloading Nginx

[8/31/2021] [7:52:31 PM] [Express ] › :warning: warning Command failed: certbot certonly --non-interactive --config "/etc/letsencrypt.ini" --cert-name "npm-5" --agree-tos --authenticator webroot --email "triplej82@gmail.com" --preferred-challenges "dns,http" --domains "portainer.teamgroth.me"

I'm am not sure where the cert is failing.

Hi @humidgnome, welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

That makes two of us. The logs shown aren't very detailed (regarding the failure).
You use:

But it is unclear which was used; Nor what the failure for it was.

Please show the certbot logs.
May be found at:
/var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log

Also, I see that you mention

There are some added considerations when using any CDN service.
[although I'm not sure that is the case here]

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.