TrueNAS Nextcloud timeout during connect

My domain is:
nextcloud.con20.xyz
I ran this command:
certbot --nginx -d nextcloud.con20.xyz
It produced this output:

Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Requesting a certificate for nextcloud.con20.xyz

Certbot failed to authenticate some domains (authenticator: nginx). The Certificate Authority reported these problems:
Domain: nextcloud.con20.xyz
Type: connection
Detail: 80.162.33.206: Fetching http://nextcloud.con20.xyz/.well-known/acme-challenge/gAf26LWGLz30ikPkmN-dN4Vu3bsGWVpwbIBs8OsqBu4: Timeout during connect (likely a firewall problem)
My web server is (include version):
nginx-1.30.0
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
FreeBSD (TrueNAS Core Jail)
My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):
Yes
I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
TrueNAS
The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): 1.30.0

There's your problem. The Let's Encrypt validation servers need to be able to reach your installation on port 80, and they aren't able to do so. You'll need to configure your router/firewall/modem/whatever else is between the public internet and your jail in such a way that port 80 (and 443, really) is open to the Internet.

3 Likes

So port forwarding? It should already be done, and I can access my site from other devices on other networks.

I'm not able to access it, and neither is the letsdebug.net site:
Let's Debug

It could be port forwarding, it could be a firewall setting, it could be an ISP blocking port 80, or probably other things as well--but that's where your problem is.

5 Likes

As noted by @danb35 above your Port 80 is not open
Best Practice - Keep Port 80 Open

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.