Too many certificates already issued

My domain is: ccsouq.com

I ran this command: certbot certonly --webroot -w /home/ccsouq.com/public_html -d ccsouq.com -d www.ccsouq.com

It produced this output: An unexpected error occurred:
Error creating new order :: too many certificates (5) already issued for this exact set of domains in the last 168 hours: ccsouq.com,www.ccsouq.com: see Rate Limits - Let's Encrypt

My web server is (include version): LiteSpeed

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 20.04 LTS x64

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: vultr.com

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): cyberpanel

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Please I need your help because my website is break down because of SSL certificate
I want to know how I can fix this problem? so my website come alive again
please guide me to the right steps

You've already got 5 certificates issued the last 7 days. Please use one of those 5 certificates.

2 Likes

Dear Osiris
How I can choose using one of those 5 certificates??
Please guide me
Regards

1 Like

What's the output of sudo certbot certificates?

2 Likes

Dear 9peppe:
Output : An unexpected error occurred:
Error creating new order :: too many certificates (5) already issued for this exact set of domains in the last 168 hours: ccsouq.com,www.ccsouq.com: see Rate Limits - Let's Encrypt

Please run this actual command:

2 Likes

sudo: unable to resolve host VultrHFFrankfurtUbuntu: Name or service not known
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log

No certificates found.

What have you done with the certificates you got in the last seven days?

2 Likes

I just was trying to add SSL certificate to the cyberpanel of my domain!!
What I can do now to fix it ?

@macroezzat I just want to add that you have 17 (!) valid certs outstanding

You have a serious problem with your config which I am sure @9peppe can help you with

3 Likes

Just find one valid key/certificate pair for your domain, and install it manually with a copypaste.

I don't know how cyberpanel works, but if it works like this I am not sure anybody should be using it.

Please notice that the certificates you get with certbot and the certificates cyberpanel gets with its internal acme client are in two different directories on your server. Right now I have no will to investigate cyberpanel, but you should read its documentation to learn where those certificates are, and install them.

1 Like

@9peppe

after searching I have got this info :

[Sun 01 May 2022 02:46:59 PM UTC] Your cert is in: /root/.acme.sh/ccsouq.com/ccsouq.com.cer
[Sun 01 May 2022 02:46:59 PM UTC] Your cert key is in: /root/.acme.sh/ccsouq.com/ccsouq.com.key
[Sun 01 May 2022 02:46:59 PM UTC] The intermediate CA cert is in: /root/.acme.sh/ccsouq.com/ca.cer
[Sun 01 May 2022 02:46:59 PM UTC] And the full chain certs is there: /root/.acme.sh/ccsouq.com/fullchain.cer
[Sun 01 May 2022 02:46:59 PM UTC] Installing cert to: /etc/letsencrypt/live/ccsouq.com/cert.pem
[Sun 01 May 2022 02:46:59 PM UTC] Installing key to: /etc/letsencrypt/live/ccsouq.com/privkey.pem
[Sun 01 May 2022 02:46:59 PM UTC] Installing full chain to: /etc/letsencrypt/live/ccsouq.com/fullchain.pem
[Sun 01 May 2022 02:46:59 PM UTC] _on_issue_success

but I don't know how I can access cert location to copy it or installing location to paste it?

Did you actually use acme.sh to write in certbot directories?

Why would you do that?

Anyhow. Your certificate and key should be there.

1 Like

@9peppe
Sorry I don't know everything so I am asking here
How I can access cert location to copy it or installing location to paste it?

These questions are best for your hosting provider. They setup the cyberpanel and should be able to help you.

2 Likes

What you're doing is delicate and can be dangerous if you get it wrong. There's too much I don't know about your system to guide you safely.

Please check the proper documentation.

2 Likes

@MikeMcQ @9peppe
thanks for both of you to trying helping me
I fix the error and it was because of many rewrite rules
Thanks for all of you

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.