To many requests

Hello,

first i tried to establish a certificate for my imap.my.domain mail.my.domain and smpt.my.domain using a pattern from a website via copy and paste. Unfortunately, in my hast I have forgotten to replace the domian with my own one. I therefor always got a message like “error the domain ends not of a public addr.” After only three attempts :slight_smile: I have recognized the mistake and replaced the donain with the rigth one. But to late it allready
produced the error “There where too many requests…”. After that i treid it again with cert bot -apache" and additionaly with -froce -renew. Of couse with the same unlucky results. Is there any way or chance for me to fix the miss i have made? And if, can i do the certyficate verification for apache and postfix with a singel command? As you have allready notiesed , I am not skilled at all! Thank you for your time and help.

My domain are: agital.de ; www.agital.de ; mail.euve264659.serverprofi24.de, smpt.euve264659.serverprofi24.de ; imap.euve264659.serverprofi24.de ; www. euve264659.serverprofi24.de (thy all run on the same vserver)

I ran this command: certbot --apache

It produced this output: An unexpected error occurred:
There were too many requests of a given type :: Error finalizing order :: too many certificates already issued for: serverprofi24.de: see https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/

My web server is (include version): apache2

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 16.04

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: server4you

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):no

Hi @vasskon,

There are several different issues here, so let me try to explain all of them:

• too many requests: this problem is just as it says, but whenever you see that it will go away in just one hour.
  • too many certificates already issued for serverprofi24.de: is this your own domain or the domain of a hosting provider? Let’s Encrypt has limits on how many certificates it will issue per week for subdomains of an individual domain.
  • issuing all of your subdomains in one Certbot command: yes, you can issue a certificate for multiple domains and subdomains with Certbot by listing them all with -d options in your command line. For example certbot --apache -d agital.de -d www.agital.de -d mail.euve264659.serverpfi24.de -d smtp.euve264659.serverprofit24.de and so on. In this case all of these names will be listed in the single resulting certificate and it will be valid for any of them.

Thank you for your detailed answers. That should help.

closed #4

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.