The request message was malformed :: Error creating new order :: Invalid character in DNS name

Hi,

I am trying to secure my domain, but it is throwing error
An unexpected error occurred:
The request message was malformed :: Error creating new order :: Invalid character in DNS name

My app is running on apache2 and I am getting ‘/#/’ at the end of my domain name and i think it is causing all issues. How can i get rid of ‘/#/’ from the domain name?

Please help me to resolve the issue.

Thanks
Naveen

Hi,

What commands do you run? What system are you o

Anyway, if you skipped the default form & directly ask us questions, we'll still ask the same question...

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

Thank you

Hi stevenzhu,

My domain is: www.naveen425.us

I ran this command: ./letsencrypt-auto --apache -d www.naveen425.us/#/

It produced this output:
An unexpected error occurred:

My web server is (include version): apache2

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): ubuntu 16.04

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

Hi,

Thank you fir the response,

Please try to run this command (exact command):
./letsencrypt-auto --apache -d www.naveen425.us

Thank you

it is now redirecting to http://www.naveen425.us/%23//%23#/. I havent done anything apart from your commands

Hi,

Is the above command still have the same output?

Thank you

yes, i dont know why it is redirecting to http://www.naveen425.us/%23//%23#

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.