The Let's Encrypt certificate for this domain already exists. (Ref. 5008)

Hi there,

because a software problem of my NAS I has delete my Let´s Encrypt Cert.
This was really a foult, because now I cannot create it new, because it already exist.
How can I delete my Cert from Let´s Encrypt to create the same new? Or how I can renew the certificate.
I have installed certbot but it say, no file or directory.

My domain is:
maddog.com.de

I ran this command:
I use the gui

It produced this output:
no output yet

My web server is (include version):
Apache (I don´t know)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
I have an Asustor NAS with the newest ADM Version:3.4.7.RF62

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
Contabo

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):
Yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
no its a Asustor Gui

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):
gofreem@NAS:/volume1/home/gofreem $ certbot --version
-sh: certbot: not found

Hope you can help me, because I am really not good in the Cert-World and normaly use the GUI of the NAS.

Thanks for Support.

Best regards,

Andreas (maddog)

1 Like

Hi @maddog,

There is no such limitation from the Let’s Encrypt side—you’re allowed to create up to five identical certificates (each week).

This limitation must be in your NAS software. But I don’t remember hearing about this particular NAS on the forum before. Is it possible that the NAS software supplier has its own support forum where you could ask about this? It seems like the participants in this forum may be less likely to be familiar with it.

1 Like

Hi Schoen,
thanks for the fast reply.
OK, you mean this is not from Encrypt?
OK, than I have to ask the NAS Forum where I can found the LE Cert to delete it.

Thanks, that helps me much, because I thought it came from the Let´s Encrypt Server :wink:

Regards,

Maddog

Yes, that is what I mean. There can be a limit from the Let’s Encrypt server, but it doesn’t use this message; the message in that situation is quite different. And it only happens after you have five certificates issues in the same week. So I believe the NAS forum could be more helpful in your situation.

1 Like