Subdomain renewal failed

Pls see my initial problem with installing the subdomain via below link

After I successfully installed SSL for the subdomain (blockchain.dcwebmakers.com) two months ago, now I can not not renew it. I did run renew command and it renews all of my domain except this one.

I tried below
certbot renew --blockchain.dcwebmakers blockchain.dcwebmakers.com
but it gave error.

Any suggestion?

Can you share the error that it gave?

Just said the follow certs could not be renewed…
/etc/letsencrpt/live/…/fullchain.pem (failure)

Hi @touchstonewords

checking your domain you have created a new certificate - https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=blockchain.dcwebmakers.com

Issuer not before not after Domain names LE-Duplicate next LE
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-10-02 2019-12-31 blockchain.dcwebmakers.com - 1 entries duplicate nr. 1
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-07-30 2019-10-28 blockchain.dcwebmakers.com - 1 entries

But you don't use it, instead, you use your older certificate:

CN=blockchain.dcwebmakers.com
expires in 26 days	blockchain.dcwebmakers.com - 1 entry

Your command is wrong. --blockchain... isn't defined. May be you have already a cron job.

Did you restart your webserver? That's required to use the new certificate.

1 Like

1- I just restarted my services.

2- I did accidentally create the new one. should I remove it and if so how

3- I have cron job but it did not work, so I did it manually. What is correct command line for renewing the old one and removing the new ones…Thx

Now you use the new certificate

CN=blockchain.dcwebmakers.com
expires in 90 days	blockchain.dcwebmakers.com - 1 entry

so the restart was the missing step.

Why do you want to remove a valid certificate? That's always wrong. Use it 60 - 85 days.

Then check your cron job protocol why it didn't work.

Please: Never remove / delete / revoke valid certificates (if there is no problem with the private key). There is a rate limit. And it's completely unrelevant if you create a new certificate via cron job or via a manual command.

Ok, got it. I leave it as is for now. Thx for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.