SSL says expired

You've already paid for the software that should do that for you. I can't help you with that software, but the vendor (who isn't here) can.

2 Likes

Given that they're Australian, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe @Ken can get support from them. I mean, for $150, I would hope. I've made modifications to my entire client architecture in under 2 hours for much smaller donations than that.

1 Like

Will try that. Thank you

2 Likes

Offtopic: benefit of doubt? It seems it's just the US spelling licence/license incorrectly :wink:

3 Likes

I was meaning that given their nationality claim, I'm not going to assume they don't know how to spell it since they spelled it correctly based on their claimed nationality. Keep in mind the number of supposed Nigerians we encounter in our email boxes here in the US (who often misspell "Nigeria").

1 Like

@Ken

The biggest concern I see for you is scale. Given that you mention hosting quite a number of domain names, I don't think my software would be the most appropriate for your purposes. You really need a more scalable solution. The plugin you purchased may allow that. I probably sounded the alarm too quickly. I reacted mainly based on the questionable domain name (letsencrypt-for-cpanel.com), which I'm fairly certain violates trademarks for both Let's Encrypt and cPanel.

@lestaff

Are you guys alright with that website's name?

1 Like

Hello! Sarah Gran, VP of Comms for ISRG here. Unfortunately, the domain is not in adherence to our trademark policy (Trademark Policy - Let's Encrypt). Beyond just the letter of the policy, the domain has caused confusion for at least one site visitor. I've reached out to FleetSSL regarding this matter.

5 Likes

I dont quite understand you.
which domain are u talking about

1 Like

The domain name of the plugin peddler. You're alright @Ken.

1 Like

ok. It confused me because of the letsencrypt attached to it. I could identify it was fake

1 Like

I'm assuming you meant "couldn't" here. That's the problem with domain names like that (and why they're a violation).

1 Like

@Ken

I'm assuming that you don't have AutoSSL in your cPanel, right? I contacted the cPanel people directly about the domain name violation. In their automated response, they stated that they were aware of the plugin you purchased and recommended uninstalling it and installing AutoSSL.

1 Like

AutoSSL doesn't work. Is that what is called self assigned SSL?

1 Like

Do u have teams ? or any remote server

1 Like

and will they refund my monies for me.lol

1 Like

Self-signed (aka snake oil) certificates are just that: self-signed. You need a certificate signed by a trusted CA (like Let's Encrypt) to publicly secure your website traffic. AutoSSL is the official cPanel plugin for obtaining certificates signed by Let's Encrypt.

1 Like

Are you meaning Microsoft Teams? I have many remote servers.

I don't think I understand what you're asking for.

1 Like

You would need to get a refund from FleetSSL. Their plugin might still work for you though. It's just unfortunate they chose the domain name they did.

1 Like

I expect he wants someone to screen-share or remote in to fix it for him.

2 Likes

Ah... I wouldn't even know where to begin fixing FleetSSL's plugin. That would be the responsibility of FleetSSL.

1 Like