SSL Expires - Request Replacement Certificate

Certificate ID: mail_chariot_accountants_co_uk_b92cc_4183f_1694293349_7f718d5dc9f5bdfb8baffb7fd620c6fa
Domains: *
Issuer: Let's Encrypt
Key: RSA, 2,048-bit (b92cc66a …)
Expiration: Sep 9, 2023 9:02:30 PM

Please Advice

When posting in Help section you should have been shown the form below. Would you please answer as much as you can?

There are numerous ways to get Let's Encrypt certificates. It is hard to advise without more info.


Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. |, so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):


Oh, I just noticed that domain name does not seem to exist anymore. Have you lost control of it?


The answer to this kind of question is pretty much always this:

Repeat the procedure you followed to get your first certificate. If you don't remember, or if someone else did it, answer the questionnaire.


Not that I am aware of!

Hostpapa dashboard has reported the certificate is due to expire on the 9th and needs to be renewed with Lets Encrypt.
I do run my email through microsoft 365 but its been working fine until the beginning of this month when I started getting certificate warnings from outlook.

Who is running your email and your authoritative DNS?

Where "is running" means "who are you paying for"


My bad. The domain name is fine but there are no A records for that subdomain (or any kind of records on that subdomain).

It looks like your root domain name is used by a hosted site at wix. Could you have changed something there that affected the DNS for your mail domain name?

We could still benefit from more answers to the questions on that form. Most of us are unpaid volunteers offering our time and expertise for free. Please make it easier to help


Like, for example, changing your nameservers at the registrar, @Paul?


Ahh yes we did this recently. the nameservers broke while trying to connect the email through a third party app. the app was preventing the sending of emails to certain addresses due to the MX Record being connected to via outlook MS365 but the subdomain was connected to hostpapa default email.
The result was moving the MX and Name Services to Wix (god that was a pain) to get my emails fixed and working again.

Ok, I don't think you need the certificate for anymore, unless you want to use that address to access your mail.

You should use Microsoft's domain names.


so how do I get rid of the certificate warning?

There should be none. There is nothing responding on that domain. You should get an error long before any certificate is involved.


perhaps its related to an old inbox. I do have an old info@ prior to moving to MS365 which might be causing the message. the cert doesn't specify which inbox unfortunately.

You should check. Are you sure it's a certificate warning for

That doesn't make a lot of sense.


Ok so on checking a few things it doesn't look like it is tied to the
The error is actually stemming from the IMAP accounts for a separate email so the replacement certificate warning is totally unrelated to the outlook certificate issue. seems I will have to investigate the cause as from what I can see all the certificates for that are validated. Sometimes I really hate outlook.

Thank you both for your help with this.


I see this with nslookup for

$ nslookup

** server can't find NXDOMAIN

And here DNS Spy report for you can see:


Thanks Bruce, the problem turned out not to be with this domain but another (separate business I have)
Turns our the hosting changed the address of the incoming and outgoing mail servers. They sent me the correct ones and after reconnecting in outlook its all working again.


This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.