SSL "Connection is not secure" GoDaddy

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: Dont want SEO picking this up

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: GoDaddy

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): Yes, GoDaddy cPanel

Hi @itskater,

There’s no way that we could diagnose your problem from the limited information that you’ve provided.

In order to try to figure out what might be wrong, we’d like to be able to test the site for ourselves. In addition, we’d need to know the exact error message that you saw and which software produced that error message.

If you’re concerned about search engines penalizing you for posting a link to your domain on the forum, there should be lots of ways to address that. One is that you could use a character other than the dot, like “example,com” instead of “example.com”. Or separate the site name into multiple words, like “example com”.

You can also enclose text in backticks (the character `) to stop the forum software from generating a link or other formatting, like example.com (which isn’t a link).

I hope that helps, and I hope you’re able to share some specifics of your problem with us.

If you have issued a public cert for an real FQDN, the Internet already has the site/name.

Make it human readable:
mysite is: www
mysite is: company
mysite is: com

[false sense of anonymity - lol]

2 posts were split to a new topic: Information about SSL

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.