SSL Certificate error in Chrom/IE

Hello,
I used Certify (with default options) to create a new ssl certificate on my windows server 2008 R2 for my domain https://www.teamop.de
With firefox I have no problems but with IE and Chrome it shows a certificate error. In Chrome it shows ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID. When I open the certificate details (certificate path) above my domain is “Let’s Encrypt Authority X3” with no errors and on top there is “DST Root CA X3” with an error: “This CA Root certificate is not trusted because it is not in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store.” I couldn’t find out the problem.

Sounds like the machine has not had any Root Certificate Updates in a while. I don’t know how to admin Windows machines but that could be something to investigate.

Edit: are you seeing the error in IE on the machine or on another (non-Windows 2008) machine accessing the domain?

Thank you for your reply. I checked that and I got the message that this update is already installed.

I’m using my Windows 7 machine. I didn’t checked that directly on the server.

I’m not sure but it seems that my windows 7 pc has not been updated the certificates automatically since a while. On other machines the domains seems to be okay in chrome/ie. So I found this solution:

After importing the required certificate (DST Root CA X3) on to my windows 7, it works fine.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.