SSL activation for Noobs! B+ intermediate certificate issue

You need a dedicated IP address for your domain if you want older devices that don’t support SNI to work.

Oh sorry for double posting will delete that thread!

The android version i am using is 4+ …
https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/viewClient.html?name=Android&version=4.0.4&key=58

Even this shows an unsecured error. Does it require a dedicated IP as well?
(sorry bare with me )
Thanks

I’m not sure I follow how that is related to your site. That link is showing that Android 4.4 supports the insecure SSLv3. However you aren’t using SSLv3 on your domain, so it’s not relevant.

Ok :slight_smile: So is there anyway for me to get rid of the unsecred error on android devices. ( i dont get them on any other websites though) Thanks :slight_smile: Also according to you my SSL is as secure as it should be? :slight_smile: And i am good to go :slight_smile:

Is this an error you are seeing on a specific device ? I just tested with android and it was fine, and SSLabs says it’s fine ( apart from for older android devices).

If it’s from a specific device, can you provide the exact error ? or screenshot ?

Hi yes i uploaded the image and i have tried from 2 phones same error

Also i know many people who would be accessing my website might have similar models of phones, hence i need it running. ( otherwise ill just have to leave as an http version since this would just scare people away ) :slight_smile:
Thanks

Even on the native samsung browser i get the same error.

ALSO ANDROID version - 4.4.2

Also tried it on here - if this helps you determine the issue -

Is it a shortcoming of free ssl?

I’m seeing issues where the intermediate is both absent and provided depending on the connection attempt. This may be an issue with your hosting provider. I suggest contacting them and seeing if they can provide any help.

But i never get issues accessing https from my ios phone or laptop ever! Works like a charm everytime. i mean if i just access both at the same time - the android keeps bringing the unsecure page up! Also its everytime i access it from the android that i get the same issue. + I did change my host all together as well and the problem still persists even though my ratings gone upto A-.

I’m seeing no problems on my various Android devices, but some tests are indicating that the intermediate is not being served.

Depending on how long ago you moved hosting, the device may still have the old information cached and it’s pulling up that. If you switched DNS, it can take 24-48 hours for everything to see the new hosting location.

1 Like

Ok yes makes sense :slight_smile: Did you try any android devices version 4.4.2? I guess ill just wait a day or two and then come back here if problems persists :slight_smile: Thanks a ton motoko :slight_smile:

Yes. I have an older testing device running exactly 4.4.2 (Cyanogenmod 10.1.3 specifically) and it worked fine on it. I also checked on FireOS 5.3.2.1 (Android 5), and Android 7.1.1.

1 Like

Hey just updating - tested the site on a few android phones, works flawlessly on most phones, but it fails on older models (not saying prehistoric but version 4 mostly) 3 mobiles showed insecure vs 6 showed secure(asked my friends to test ). I was wondering if you guys have a website i can test using the same device to see if the same error pops.!

You can try going to https://serverco.com if you like

1 Like

Ok topic needs to shut, its all working now - All 3 android devices stopped showing insecure :slight_smile: I am on cloud 9! This has been irritating me since days! Thanks a lot Serverco and motoko :slight_smile: I guess it was just time…I am indebited to you :slight_smile: You guys ARE AWESOME !!! Hopefully i can make some monies soon and then donate something to you guys ( sorry helping a broke guy right now :frowning: ) So do private msg me your paypal or bitcoin - (ps might take a few months before you recieve anything :P)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.