Skype for Business

Hi. Does anyone know how to create a certificate for Skype for Business 2019? Is it possible to create valid certificate for Skype for Business 2019?

2 Likes

I don't use it, so this is just a guess.
Based on the presumption: It must use certs from within the Windows system.

I would first try a good Windows based client to obtain an LE cert.
Then look for basic SFB cert integration instructions.

Try one of these .well-known Windows ACME clients:
Posh-ACME
Win-ACME

READERS: Get involved and participate: If you read something you like, then click to like it :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks for answer. I think installing cert on Skype for Business edge server is like installing cert on IIS...

3 Likes

Is it possible to create valid certificate for Skype for Business 2019 with Let's Crypt (https://letsencrypt.org)?

2 Likes

I doubt SFB requires anything special from the cert.
A cert is a cert.

But that is a question only MS can answer.
Does SFB require anything special in the cert?

2 Likes

2 Likes

You would need a cert with all three names in the SAN:
Which is not a problem with any of those ACME clients.

2 Likes

Thank you for answer. As far as I understand cert would be valid for 90 days?

3 Likes

Yes, the key is in enabling automatic renewals.

2 Likes

Thank you for answer. There is not enough information about SFB and Let's Encrypt certs in the Internet.

3 Likes

Like already said, a certificate is a certificate (most of the time). If Microsoft has specific demands (for example, key sizes or whatever), in my opinion it's Microsofts job of putting a webpage out there with those specifics.

That said, if you report back here if everything worked out for you, you can put the information out there on the web, through this community!

3 Likes

Then widen the search and remove the specific CA "Let's Encrypt".
Again: Allow certs are created equal.
Try just:
"SFB TLS certificate"

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.