Setting up Cerbot client

I’m attempting to complete the setting up of cerbot I can not modify DNS records from CLI but I have access to modify records from my client area I just wanted to know what dns cname I need to create based on the command line I’ve provided your help would be greatly appreciated

My domain is:squeakyrocket.com

I ran this command:

acme-challenge.luke.ga CNAME d8f11caf-f510-4bcd-b84e-0cef385e3953.auth.acme-dns.io.

It produced this output: Challenge.Luke.ga:command not found CNAME

My web server is (include version): ubuntu 20.04

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:hostwind

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): 16.0

There's so much wrong here that I really don't know where to start, but this isn't a command. It's not something you'd run. It's a version of a DNS record, but you don't give any indication of why you'd want that DNS record, why you're trying to use acme-dns, or why (if you are using acme-dns) you aren't hosting it yourself.

What instructions are you following? Because either they're very poor instructions, or you're misunderstanding them pretty badly.

3 Likes

That’s what I. Ended up doing just wasn’t sure thanks for your reply

1 Like

Probably a silly question but will the cerbot client automatically upset caddy ssl certificate? Or do I have to do more could you point me to some documentation?

Thanks for your input I was. Just following a guide my vps host said to use

1 Like

If you're using Caddy as your webserver, it will obtain and renew the certs for you automatically--there wouldn't seem to be any reason to use certbot.

2 Likes

Very TRUE; and as also confirmed by:
SSL Server Test: luke.ga (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.