Serverpilot issues?

I have a problem here ~ I think ~ because I have a non-standard Ubuntu 14.04 LTS server installation. ServerPilot builds their own “deb” packages of Nginx, Apache, and PHP and do not install the versions provided by Ubuntu.

As soon as I try and activate I get a fatal error ~ /public/wp-content/plugins/lets-encrypt-wp-master/lets-encrypt-wp.php on line 13

Does anyone else have any experience of getting the Let’s Encrypt and the plugin working on ServerPilot?

never used serverpilot but maybe try webroot authentication method instead https://letsencrypt.readthedocs.org/en/latest/using.html#webroot ?

I guess you must have missed the fact that the plugin won't activate on my site? So talk of using command line variables is a little premature, don't you think?

I guess you must have missed the fact that the plugin you are using is not developed by Let's Encrypt but a third party.

@eva2000 is suggesting to use the tools provided and developed by Let's Encrypt just because you are using a third party developed plugin that he doesn't know.. me too.

The best is to open an issue to the developer as you already did and see what is the response, anyway, if some commmunity folks already tried that plugin I'm pretty sure that they will help you to solve your problem but please, don't assume that everyone has to know what does and how that plugin works because it is a third party plugin ;).

Cheers,
sahsanu

No, I didn’t miss any such thing. Which is why I asked “Does anyone else have any experience of getting the Let’s Encrypt and the plugin working on ServerPilot?”

The answer to which, is apparently, “no”. Not a description of available variables in the Let’s Encrypt command line, or some finger wagging about forum etiquette

Have a nice day.

Hello @WPExpertSupport,

Seems like the plugin is not working yet, take a look to the List of Client Implementations, maybe some of them could fit your needs.

Cheers,
sahsanu

see this post How to configure certificate on free serverpilot?

and : https://github.com/dfinnema/le-serverpilot

ServerPilot has now added integration with Let’s Encrypt.

https://serverpilot.io/blog/2016/03/09/free-ssl-certificates-from-lets-encrypt.html

Just for the records:

The certificates can be issued only in plans that cost money: Coach Plan ($10/mo) and Business Plan ($49/mo). The Free Plan ($0/mo) doesn’t allow to issue a certificate.

Also, they only allow to issue a certificate for yourdomain.tld and www.yourdomain.tld, other subdomains are not allowed.

Good that you point that out. It was the primary reason I left ServerPilot and moved to EasyEngine. By taking this approach, ServerPilot are making their users swim up-stream. They started out by providing a really great free script, but then they decided to take advantage of LetsEncrypt generosity, to make money, and now make you pay to use a free certificate. The end result of which is that they create a barrier to promoting a safer internet and people have to pay to use something which is provided FOC.