Self Signed Certificates Causing Browser Warnings

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is: onefh.com

I ran this command: https://onefh.com:8443

It produced this output: http://files.panodome.com/uploads01/Image_2017-05-19__17-41-52__1495208512.jpg

My operating system is (include version): Debian 8.5

My web server is (include version): Plesk Onyx V 17.5.3

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: 1und1.de

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): yes, 1und1 for VPS and Plesk for hosting my domains

is there such a thing like a free security certificate from Let’s Encrypt, that is trusted by standard browser Chrome, IE, FireFox, respectively Windows or OS ?

It’s about avoiding a recurring certificate fee for signing up to a service where any good or bad can sign to anyways. I mean in terms of trustfulness of the domain.

Is it possible to avoid fees and domain visitors won’t see the warning ?

Regards,
Frank

Hi @Frank1000,

I didn’t really understand whether you tried using Let’s Encrypt and had some problem with it, or whether you’re just curious about our service.

If you’re just wondering about the service, yes, our certificates are trusted by the browsers you mentioned and are available free of charge.

Hey Schoen,
thx for your reply :slight_smile: Yes it was about the service. But also, why do i still receive this browser warning ?

The certificate you’re serving on port 8443 was not issued by Let’s Encrypt - it’s self-signed. This appears to be a Plesk installation, and I imagine the steps you need to go through to use a certificate from Let’s Encrypt for the control panel itself are separate from the ones you have to go through to use it for a site on your Plesk installation (where you’re indeed serving a valid certificate from Let’s Encrypt).

I don’t personally use Plesk, so I don’t know exactly how you would do this, but perhaps this’ll point you in the right direction.

ah ok i see ! Thx for info PFG.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.