Screwed up, restoring certificate

Edit: Nevermind!

There's a "combined.pem" in the folder for my domain in /etc/letsencrypt/live, and there are a few "00xx_key-certbot.pem"-files in /etc/letsencrypt/keys. Is it possible to create a valid certificate with them, and how?

Hi @Green1

if you are doing completely wrong things, you have to wait.

Read the document shared in the error message.

Next time: Minimal create a backup if you have created certificates.

If you still have the private key, you could download the certificate from crt.sh | xerono.strangled.net

However, that would only enable you to make your site function. It wouldn't restore the renewal configuration file in certbot for example. To generate one, you could request the certificate again when the time comes to renew the previous one.

Also, please note that an installation problem is NOT a reason to *reissue a certificate. Reissuing a certificate doesn't modify the problem with the installation. Certbot doesn't even have a lighthttpd plugin, so I don't really see the need to run certbot over and over again for an installation issue anyway.

Thank you! Getting the site to function would be enough for now. Could you tell me where to put the file, and what else to do? As you can tell, I'm not exactly an expert with these kinds of things.

Certbot doesn't even have a lighthttpd plugin, so I don't really see the need to run certbot over and over again for an installation issue anyway.

Dietpi offers a LetsEncrypt service (dietpi-letsencrypt), and I used that (since I prefer to use tools from Dietpi, if I use Dietpi, so everything works together well). Totally my fault, so now I want to fix it for now at least :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wherever you like, it's not like you're getting certbot to work automatically anyway. Just use it for your webserver once like this until you can run certbot again when it's time to renew the current cert.

I'm not familiair with that service, but it should be able to try to reinstall the cert without reissuing it.

1 Like

Just use it for your webserver once like this until you can run certbot again when it's time to renew the current cert.

Sorry, I don't understand how to do it. I guess it would be better if I just take it offline for the time being, and wait until next week.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.